By donating to the Battered Women's Justice Project, you support our efforts to…
- Advocate for the adoption of policies and practices within criminal justice agencies that remove barriers to safety and justice for DV victims and their families, and reduce the risk of further violence or homicide.
- Promote institutional change within the justice system that reduces the operation and impact of bias based on gender, race, immigration status, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation in DV cases.
- Reform family court policies and practices to ensure that the impact of domestic violence on victimized parents and their children is taken into account in decisions related to custody and parenting plans.
- Participate in amicus briefs to support impact litigation in the appellate courts.
- Educate the newly-developing veterans’ courts around the country about the co-occurrence of DV and PTSD and effective responses to these offenders and their families.
- Organize a wide range of training events to encourage the adoption of evidenced-based promising practices from around the country, and keep advocates and professionals informed about emerging research of relevance to their work.
Battered Women’s Justice Project is a tax-exempt organization as defined under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is registered in the State of Minnesota. Contributions should be made out to the “Battered Women’s Justice Project” and are tax deductible as allowed by law. Thank you for your support.
Our mailing address is: 1801 Nicollet Avenue South, Suite 102, Minneapolis, MN 55403.
Other Ways to Give
Stocks or Bonds
Donate stocks or bonds to BWJP. These gifts often benefit not only BWJP, but the donor (you!) as well. Please talk to your tax advisor.
Find out whether your employer offers a matching gift program to double your gift.
Designate BWJP as a beneficiary in your will, estate or insurance policy. Feel free to call us to talk more about this option.