The National Center on Protection Orders and Full Faith & Credit (NCPOFFC) staff are available on request to provide problem-solving technical assistance during office hours.
NCPOFFC offers technical assistance by:
- developing and disseminating educational materials and tools that help jurisdictions implement state and federal statutes related to protection orders;
- providing review and critique of enabling legislation, policies and procedures;
- actively participating in Full Faith and Credit (FFC) national and regional meetings that promote awareness of and compliance with 18 U.S.C. §2265;
- offering on-site technical assistance if needed, and
- consulting on specific questions related to FFC, child custody provisions within protection orders, the federal domestic violence and stalking crimes under VAWA, and the federal firearms prohibitions related specifically to domestic violence under the Gun Control Act.
Frequently asked technical assistance questions:
- Who is eligible to get a protection order?
- What can a protection order do for me?
- What provisions in orders are enforceable across jurisdictional lines?
- When can a protection order be enforced?
- Is there a cost associated with issuance, service or enforcement of a protection order?
- How are child custody provisions in protection orders enforced?
To request technical assistance, please contact NCPOFFC at (800) 903-0111, prompt 2, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.