The Battered Women’s Justice Project, in partnership with Praxis International, provides fee-based consulting with communities interested in conducting a Community Safety Assessment.
For more detailed information about what a Community Safety Assessment is, please visit our Topic page.
- Work with communities to identify problematic institutional practices, typically within the criminal or civil justice system response, that create barriers to victim safety and offender accountability
- Provide assistance in identifying how these problematic outcomes are produced
- Partner with communities to analyze practices and policies in order to improve institutional responses
- Train practitioners on instituting improved practices and policies
- Engage in follow up to the Assessment through continued support and training