The Battered Women's Justice Project offers original research, writing and analysis on a variety of civil and criminal topics related to domestic violence.
BWJP performs research, writing and analysis on emerging and evolving topics, legal or otherwise, as identified by staff or other individuals and organizations. Writing projects that BWJP staff have recently completed include:
- An analysis of the concerns related to legal statutory presumptions for joint physical custody
- An assessment of best practices related to pre-trial release in domestic violence cases, as well as the legal authority supporting the practices
- A compendium of collateral consequences to convictions of domestic assault crimes.
- An Amicus Brief on the constitutionality of a criminal no contact order statute
- A monograph on maintaining the confidentiality of records on children in the provision of domestic violence-related services.